Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Joys of Summer

As of this moment, I can say that I'm having the best summer ever! Never had I experienced before an eventful summer such as this year.

Last March 31, our area (Social Studies) had our first ever S.U.S.O. It may appear sleazy but it's not! The acronym simply means, "SOcial Studies Under the Sun Outing" spearheaded and organized by nobody else more capable than Sir Poch! He even contacted the in-house artist, Sir Uly to design our shirts! See, we even had an official shirt! The group went to Club Manila East in Taytay, Rizal known for its 8-waves pool. Bianca was there with her ever mabait and cute husband, the cool and always dependable Sir Dante was also there with Ate Magz and Miss Pam, fun as always, was also there to share more bonding memories with Sir Jeff and of course the rest of the Social people which includes me, Inay Mye and Sir Poch. (Miss Neri couldn't join us)

We thought the resort won't be that crowded because it's a weekday, but NO because the entire Adamson University faculty and staff and their families were having their Family Day (or so I thought) in the resort! Anyhow, we still enjoyed our share of sun and the pool. Too bad we didn't have a lot of pictures to immortalize the event 'cos nobody brought their cams with them except of course Sir Dante. (Sir, pahingi ng kopya!!)

It was fun, trying my best to learn how to float and do my own swimming style (yeah!) thanks to Bianca and her floating lessons!

It was my first time to go to a resort since dinosaurs still roam the earth! I got to practice my weird swimming style (arms doing the breaststroke while legs, freestyle). It may be weird alright but it can still be classified as swimming since it keeps me afloat! We also had kayaking (?!) and surely joined the rest of the crowd in the resort's "imitation-of-the-beachwaves" pool where there seemed to be a Korean invasion!!! Koreans everywhere!

I know my blog today sucks and I'm partly to blame because I'm just writing this blog about the S.U.S.O. thing because I have nothing to do while the couple in front of me keeps on doing PDA!!! Seriously, get a room man! It's annoying! By the way, I'm in Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in The Block, waiting for a phone call from DJ's sister who seems to be very busy right now. And while pondering on whether I'll go jogging again tonight in UP or just watch Collateral on my lappie, it suddenly came to me that I'm wasting time here when I should be home by now fixing my laundry.

With that, I'm ending this blog. And by the way, the couple left just now. Amazing!

By the way, this is just the first phase of my summer escapade! There's more to come!

No comments: