Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reminiscing Cebu


Went back to Cebu, not with you though but with friends and colleagues. Surely I miss the times we spent together here: your smile and your makulit face; small surprises and grand gestures; how lakwatsero you are and a couch potato at the same time; and most importantly, how your hand always held mine and how we had fun. Thanks for introducing me to the amazing experience of flying and travelling. This was what we promised each other before when we were stil together. But now, sad but proud to say that I can fly now on my own. I missed you, yes. Especially while at the Cebu Airport where I imagined you standing outside the airport doors wearing your red shirt and that charming smile that spelled-- I-miss-you-too! Glad-you're-safe! I did wish that somewhere behind those doors you were there waiting to carry my luggage. But no. You're not there. You will never be there for me anymore.


It is certainly my fault for letting you go. It was something i had to do. Another life's numerous "what if's?" Yes, I resolved that issue already. Thank you very much. I already know now what I want in life and where I will be most happy. But I guess I was too late. You have finally moved on. And so must I. I was hoping I'd be able to muster enough courage to communicate with you again just to know how you are now. But I found out that you have decided to find your happiness with somebody else and so I have decided to leave you in peace. I don't want to cause you any trouble nor to deprive you of being happy with some one else that's why I'll go away now. I'll keep everything in a box and stash it away... Somewhere... Under the bed or in a cupboard. Any place where I can't easily see or touch them. I don't want to be reminded of the things I've lost forever. You have indeed moved on and so must I. I hope this will be the last time that I'll feel a slight pain in the chest everytime I go to the airport; board a plane; land in Cebu; or roam the city. I wish to remember it as something worth visiting. Not for the memories but for its colorful and historic past. I want to be a stranger to this place. I hope I'd lose the familiarity soon. I really do wish you well. So tonight, allow me to cry for you and regret everything that I've lost one last time.

No comments: