Sunday, November 7, 2010


It's Sunday evening and I'm supposed to be working on my learning plan and instructional materials for tomorrow but in spite of the heavy dinner (of bagnet, fried rice and fried egg) and a bag full of meringue, I still can't find the energy or the inspiration to commence working.

And then it came to me... that I believe I am most effective as a teacher when I'm using the board and the ever reliable yet sometimes dusty chalk as my only visual aid.

Then again, I really have to seriously prepare because class observations will start tomorrow until next week and I don't wish to have a rather mediocre mark on my observation sheet. Tsk tsk... I promised myself last night that I will start being productive and efficient and all the other adjectives that may be used to describe an awesome teacher. Okay, strike awesome out. The best teachers are not necessarily awesome. Strangely, I seem to have a very limited vocabulary when it comes to teachers and teaching! Ah well, who cares anyway?!

I'll jog with a few teacher-friends later... hoping to meet Inspiration somewhere around the Oval.

No comments: