Saturday, August 18, 2007

Of Love and Relationships

For the longest time that I've been single I'm used to going out all by myself. I enjoy watching movies alone, sitting in a coffee shop reading a book since I don't have anyone to talk to; or simply taking my time to finish a meal since I don't have any other plans after. I loved the freedom...of not minding anyone or anybody. I simply didn't care. But things do change... They did. BIG TIME.
Two years have passed and here I am, alone..again. Not because I am single still, but because the only person whom I've learned to share dinners,movies, books, cups of hot chocolates...my life, has been assigned somewhere else. All of a sudden I'm thrown back to memory lane... Unfortunately, this time, I don't find the "freedom" enjoyable anymore. Something I loved doing before seemed nauseating now. Simply because this time, being alone makes me feel incomplete. Because in every corner, every cinema, every coffee table, I keep on looking for that person who always held my hand while watching movies...who always stares at me from across the table during dinner... who always beckons me with such gentleness... who makes me feel complete.
Suddenly, my mind is wandering blankly in search in search on someone...
Hope springs eternal. My love will be back... soon... and we'll hold hands again like we used to. And then I'll never be alone anymore.

1 comment:

Victor Saudad said...

I am beginning to enjoy again things I used to enjoy before i started dating. A day at a time, the old self i grew up with is coming back - replacing the now empty seat I've shared with a lost love.

And it couldn't have been any better :)